Thursday, 7 January 2010

Nissan Cube

OCD comes in many shapes and forms, and I'm sure that just about everyone has some form of OCD about different things. For me, it's pictures, if they're squint I juts can't leave them alone. On a recent tour of one of the royal palaces, I was so distracted by a squint picture that I didn't listen to a word that the tour guide said in that room. In other rooms, it was the mindless drivel that led me to not listen, but in this one, it was the picture.

Now for most people, the can control the compulsions to correct these inaccuracies. For others, they can't. And Nissan have employed one of these people to design the Cube. This designer evidently had a bit of a problem with symmetry, so they have designed the Cube to be asymmetric.

But take that out of consideration and you are left with, erm a cube with a bit at the front. Only someone with OCD would design a car to be such a shape. It's hideous, it doesn't matter which way you look at it. This is as aerodynamic as a housebrick and slightly less desireable.

What I want to know is: why?

No comments:

Post a Comment